If you have a tooth that is damaged due to trauma or decay, Dr. HagShenas will restore it to it’s normal function with a white tooth filling.
In order to make a filling appear almost invisible to the naked eye, composite fillings are often used. These fillings are designed to match your natural tooth color and are bonded to your teeth, which makes them less likely to fall out. These fillings are used to replace older fillings made of silver or gold.
Tooth colored fillings have a more aesthetic appearance, can be completed in one visit, have no chance of forming a “leak” and are less likely to crack a tooth.
Disadvantages of Silver Fillings
Silver fillings have many drawbacks. The edges of the silver filling can wear down, become weak or break. This results in the tooth not being protected and creates an environment where cavities get started once again. With age, the metal of a silver filling expands, contracts, and can split.
Silver fillings contain 50 percent mercury. They can corrode, leak, and cause stains on your teeth and gums.
Fortunately, silver fillings can safely be replaced with tooth-colored restorations.
The benefits of using white tooth colored fillings:
- They very closely match original tooth color and look .
- They bond to tooth composition chemically which therefore do not require the setting of slots , grooves and pins in healthy tooth shape to mechanically preserve them.
- The bonding of white fillings to the tooth maintain 85% – 95% of the original sturdiness of the tooth.
- They permanently harden in just a few seconds as opposed to days necessary by various other materials.
- Tooth sensitivity, if any, as a result of composite resin use is very low and short.
- They can be used on front or back teeth without compromising esthetics.
- In the event they are broken they can be repaired.
If you still have old metal fillings in your mouth, Dr. HagShenas here in Los Gatos and San Jose will replace them with the healthier and more aesthetically pleasing white tooth composite fillings.
Please Contact Us Today!
We will provide you with excellent, personalized dental care and will make sure your visit to our dental office here in Los Gatos & San Jose will be as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Give us a call at 408.377.5134 or send an email to ContactUs@SVSmileSolutions.com and we look forward to hearing from you.